United Way fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in every community.
We are off to a great start as United Way of Kaw Valley. In the first two months of 2023 we've:
- Continued the complex process of merging two different donor management systems. That process should be completed by July 1.
- Migrated most of the relevant content from our old website (unitedwaytopeka.org) to the new site at uwkawvalley.org. The navigation on the new site is much easier, with drop-down menus that let you navigate the entire site from just about every page. The old site will stay in place for a bit longer and will eventually redirect to the new one.
- Conducted our first board retreat as a merged organization.
- Started meeting with Douglas County partners and donors to get to know the community better.
- Started the rebranding and refreshing of all our campaign materials for this Fall.
- Gotten our new signage at both 1127 Iowa in Lawrence (on the west side of the street) and our Topeka office at 1527 SW Fairlawn.
- Incorporated Douglas County into our annual small business Valentine's Day appreciation visits. These visits recognize our biggest small business workplace campaigns each year.
Return to Newsletter